Here Comes The Sun - Reaching out the Richie Havens way

"Freedom freedom freedom freedom
Sometimes I feel like a motherless child
a long way from my home...

Sometimes I feel like I'm almost gone
A long long way from my home"

Richie Havens, one of the most soulful singers this planet has, sang this moving number at Woodstock 1969. And what better way to express the plight of children the world over than with these words.

Fast forward to 2007 - its been 38 years and here we are still fighting this silent war.

WHY?
We have all been abused in our time.
We silently suffer our own nightmares,
And together we choose to take different stands to stop this from happening to children everywhere- or at least we try...

And what better than doing it than the Richie Havens way - "I sing songs that move me. I’m not in show business, I’m in the communications business. That’s what it’s about for me".

And that's what it's all about... 'Communication'.

So have you ever interacted with little children of a lesser God?

Did you ever look into their eyes and see their pain, at least if you haven't been through it?

Do you want to be transported to a whole new world where little boys and girls who've seen their share of hell..all in one day - more than you probably would in your whole life?

Communicating with children - a simple message of love - spreading the word, getting people to realise and do something about helping them...today. That's all it's about.

And yes it's in their eyes - All you have to do is look into them. Communicate through your eyes and tell them it's going to be alright, make them smile, watch them grow and see the world around them change....see the world around you change - all in a moment. Imagine the possibilities each time you change a life.

I know this girl who has this dream job. She gets to change lives everyday - childrens' lives. She's definitely in the communications business but she's changing the world for the better and is giving us a once-in-a-lifetime chance to do it too. For one, if I'm not envying her job, I surely am in awe of how wonderful it is to simply know someone who's making things change for the better... today.

By doing it the Richie Havens way - communicating - that it's alright to talk about abuse and help cure this world and rid it from doing bad things to our lil flowers of tomorrow. By being there sometimes and contributing otherwise or just saying a small prayer each day....

And I hope we all have started playing our parts, if not already then someday soon. Just a little bit. And if you can help changing the world a little, pleasing the Gods a little and saving more lives and need help doing that, let me know - we can do it together.

Here's to helping save lives for now....to change the world for tomorrow...and thanking Richie Havens for showing us the importance of communicating for the better.

Let me leave you with his words....

"Little darlin' it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darlin' it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right"


It will be alright...I believe.

Mel

Labels: , , , , , , ,